Effects of Global Health Initiatives on Health Systems Development
To assess the impact of the Global Fund to fight AIDS TB and Malari on the management of health services and on the health sector System Wide Approach (SWAp) programme in Malawi.
To assess the impact of the Global Fund on
- staff workload within the public health sector and the impact of any increased workload on the provision of health services for non-focal diseases
- drugs and medical supplies management at Central Medical Stores and health facilities
- To assess the level at which the Global Fund activities integrate with the SWAp programme and the effects the integration on health services delivery at district level
- To assess the geographical distribution of Global Fund programmes (VCT, ARV and CHBC) and the extent to which these programmes are accessed by poor rural residents and women.
- Principal Investigator: College of Medicine, Malawi
Malawi Study Outputs
Global Health Initiatives and Delivery of Health Care: the case of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
Effect of Global HIV/AIDS Initiatives on Human Resources at sub-national level in Malawi Baseline Study Findings (.ppt).
Further information can be obtained from Aisling Walsh or from Neil Spicer, or from any of the individual country researchers.
Last Updated: Wednesday 22nd July 2009
AA | XHTML | CSS.