Systemwide Effects of the Global Fund in Malawi
The overall objective of the research is to document the effects that the processes involved in applying for and receiving a GFATM grant and implementing GFATM-supported activities have had on Malawi?s health care system.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on the policy environment including the effects on the relative power of different policy actors and levels of alignment between the Global Fund and the national planning process.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on human resources including capacity building, quality and distribution of staff, and the effects on staff levels for non-focal diseases.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on the public-private mix, including identifying ways the Global Fund has contributed to changing roles of non-governmental actors, and their quality, quantity and distribution.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on pharmaceuticals and commodities procurement and distribution systems, and the availability of drugs for non-focal diseases.
- Principal Investigator:
The Alliance Group, Malawi
- The Alliance Group, Malawi
- Health Systems 20/20, Abt Associates
- United States Agency for International Development
Malawi Study Outputs
Integration of Global Fund Programs into National Health Initiatives in Malawi (.ppt).
The System-Wide Effects of the Global Fund in Malawi: Final Study Report.
The System-Wide Effects of the Global Fund in Malawi: Baseline Study Report.
Further information can be obtained from Aisling Walsh or from Neil Spicer, or from any of the individual country researchers.
Last Updated: Friday 16th November 2007
AA | XHTML | CSS.