Systemwide effects of the Global Fund in Benin
The overall objective of the research is to document the effects that the processes involved in applying for and receiving a Global fund to fight AIDS TB and Malaria (GFATM) grant and implementing GFATM-supported activities have had on Benin?s health care system.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on the policy environment including the effects on the relative power of different policy actors and levels of alignment between the Global Fund and the national planning process.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on human resources including capacity building, quality and distribution of staff, and the effects on staff levels for non-focal diseases.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on the public-private mix, including identifying ways the Global Fund has contributed to changing roles of non-governmental actors, and their quality, quantity and distribution.
- To assess the effects of the Global Fund on pharmaceuticals and commodities procurement and distribution systems, and the availability of drugs for non-focal diseases.
- Principal Investigator: ,
Independent Researcher, Benin
- Health Systems 20/20, Abt Associates
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Benin Study Outputs
- Benin: System-Wide Effects of the Global Fund: Final report
- Benin: System-Wide Effects of the Global Fund: Interim Findings